Various Types of Carbon Steel
|Types of Welding
||Flux Core Arc Welding(FCAW)
Shielded Metal Arc Welding(SMAW)
Wire Feed Welding
TIG Welding & MIG Welding
||Internal Keyways Boring
Sheet Metal Forming
|Secondary Operations /
15' x 30' Brinks Spray Paint booth with Hotsy phosphate wash system, sandblasting, prime painting, industrial coating and top-finished sealed surfaces.
- Heat Treat
- Internal Keyways
- Surface Grinding
- Manual Turning
- Plasma Cutting
||AWS-D1 1 - 92 Certified Flux Core & SMAW ASME-Sec. 9-FCAW & SMAW & Stainless FCAW
Welder qualified to Mil. Std 248-D
|Value Added Services
||Service is our business! At D&S Machine Service, we take the extra steps to take care of your needs and provide you with exceptional service.
Some of the Value added services we offer are:
Our goal at D&S is to exceed your expectations! We assign a Project Manager to your work, so you've got someone who keeps you up-to-date on the status of your project. Prints, specifications, job numbers, change orders, and other vital information are kept strictly confidential.
- Computerized tracking system
- Value analysis engineering
- Complete turnkey fabrication and machining
- Quality inspection
- Nationwide shipping services
|Value Added Service
- Carlton 6' x 19" Radial Arm Drill Press-Heavy Duty with power elevation and box table.
- 36" dia. Rotary Table Blanchard Grinder.
- Micromatic 24" dia. X 144" stroke Hone
- (3) Manual vertical turret mills
- 15" x 60" engine lathe
- 98" x 98" x 120" Preheat oven
- 48" x 48" x 12' Preheat oven
- 60" x 60" x 30" Stress Relieve Oven
- Other Equipment:
- Zoller Smile 800 Tool Presetter
|Quality Assurance Tests
|Quality Control Equipment
||Brown & Sharp MICRO-HITE 24" Electronic Height Gauge
Dial Bore Gauges to 32" diameter
Giddings & Lewis CMM: 22" x 35" x 16"
Granite Inspection Tables: 50" x 120" and 36" x 60"
Leica Absolute Tracker 901 MR CMM, accurate to 36 ft radius
Platinum FARO Arm CMM, 8 ft and portable
Precision OD & ID measure equipment to 80"
Romer Absolute Arm CMM, 9 ft and portable
||D&S can produce prototype and one-off runs to high volume production volumes. However our niche remains in low volume, large part machining.
||4 weeks, Typically
|Part Size Capability
||D&S specializes in large machining. Seven of our work bays have 20 ton crane possibilities.
||At D&S Machine Service, our technology adds to our versatility by enabling us to transfer documents and files via E-mail, including quotations, drawings, photos, correspondence, spread sheets, and CAD files. Technology is also essential to D&S quality control measures:
- AutoCad 2012
- Mastercam programming with direct control link
- Computer system networked to all manufacturing phases
|Acceptable Drawing File
|.dwg / .dxf
||(2) 10 Ton Overhead Cranes
(2) 15 Ton Cranes
(4) 20 Ton Cranes
(40) 1 Ton Jib Cranes Tied to All Building Columns
Packaging & Printing
||At D&S Machine Service, Quality Control is a total commitment. It begins before your work heads into production. Your order is:
This exclusive D&S Process ensures your work uses the most cost-effective production techniques and routing to move quickly through the system. We call this Value Analysis Engineering, and it's included in our service. Our experienced Project Managers evaluate material specifications and process prior to production so we can produce a superior product without costing you more!
- Entered into the D&S computerized tracking system
- Verified for revisions, material availability, and routing
- Project Manager reviews routing schedule
- Returned to purchasing for order processing
- Verified and released to the shop for production
We care about quality! D&S operators sign-off on ever operations. Inspectors use our state of the art inspection tools to check your work in progress. Three full-time inspectors and a Certified Welding Inspector (CWI); sign-off on every customer required inspection report, supervise in process inspections, and perform final QC check.